Registration of Local Company
Local Company Registration is the process by which a new or existing business registers as a limited company (or other company forms). A company is a legal entity with a separate identity from those who own or run it. The vast majority of companies are limited liability companies where the liability of the members is limited by shares. A business cannot operate as a limited company until it has been incorporated at General Directorate of Companies Registration in Erbil, KRG.
Electronic registrations can be submitted electronically through this website by visiting the E-Services section. Occasional as well as regular customers can apply for incorporation. Paper (original) documents, must be delivered to the appropriate governorate office once the initial approval has been issued.
The local company may commence business once it is registered with the General Directorate of Companies Registration. This is on condition that the company does not require any other licenses/approvals from other government agencies in order to carry out the business activities.
To apply for a local company registration:
- A) Reserve a company name using the Trade Name Reservation Service
- B) Login to the Local Company Registration application and fill the form. The form will require:
To apply for a local company registration click here
For further details and information on how to apply click here
- The Trade Name Reservation code
- The address of the company office
- The company type
- Fill out the choice of articles of association (unless you adopt model articles in their entirety)
- Fill out the details of the Board of Directors Minutes (unless you adopt model Minutes in their entirety)
- Details of the proposed director and his/her ID. A foreigner, who wants to set up his own company in KRG, is required to appoint a locally resident director. The foreigner can continue to reside outside KRG
- Details of shareholders
- A statement of capital and initial shareholdings
- Details of the appointed company lawyer and a non objection letter from the KRG Lawyers Bar Association
- Details of the appointed company accountant and a non objection letter from the KRG Accountants Union
- A statement of compliance to be ticked